3/28/07

Dark One: Dan Biholar Selected Poetry


Institute ( Part 1. )
D.Miller-Composition,recordings,keyboards,samples,loops,backmasked keyboards,atmospheric sound design + mix
Chris Gavin- Bass guitar
Dan Biholar- Voice + Words
Lyrics...Where am I? It seems like days - I've been playing on the edge.I've never been this sick before - The radioactivity has finally affected most of us - And then for my treatment - I hallucinate madly
- I hallucinate about the doctor and his little case with black
crystals dripping with opiates - which my body dying to have.The
crystals made the withdrawal easier. It's funny how an hallucination
can blend with reality.I left the hospital and reality that night -
I walked out.When I came back - I was let back.I laid down and
suddenly I was transported - India somewhere - somewhere in one of
those desert Arabian continents - sand everywhere.I was an
assassin.I was to do my job - my pay would be food,lodging and
crystals.I saw the only means of escape was a trail. There was a
dock that jutted into the ocean - fifty or one hundred feet. The sun
was sort of mid up the horizon - it was hot.I started walking the
trail - a few dead trees littered it's path - and bones - The
bleached bones of those who have tried and gone before me.Some
didn't make it very far at all - How far was I expecting to make
it ? I went the other way. I ended up somewhere I didn't expect to be - A Forest - But it wasn't a forest - hanging sheets of polyethaline - painted silhouettes of trees - hanging. Fill the room - spaced out, spaced out - on the floor people lying there - fungus addicts. They would take the fungus - the drug - and they set it on
their sides.And, hours would pass by like this - where they would
just lie there - their metabolism slowed almost to nil. I spent a
week there without even knowing it.I left when I got hungry.


The Blue Waters of Truth :
D.Miller- Composition,recordings,keyboards,samples,loops, keyboards,guitar,atmospheric sound design
Dan Biholar- Words + Voice
This is another stream of consciousness vocal performance by Dan.I deleted the odd phrase or line that did not fit with the subject matter and repositioned some words.The song is more poetry based then others and it is one of my favorites.
Lyrics....Live suspension - only time is the essence - slowly pouring - so slow - on and on, drag on. But time travels a different frequency - travels a different realization - minutes still seem hours, hours to days, days to months, suspension - The story.These moments are my canvas and I quickly, slowly, fuse ink to paper in such a manner as to create meaning - slow meaning in the soft fire. Worlds burn incandescently - illumination - the stars and
perfection of the cool sweet night - phosphorescent eyes - blue flames of truth, seared souls forever.Feel the wind - Feel the while - Feel the warm water drops burst
gently on your skin.Wash the dust of the day - Broken dust - Going
away - Gentle rain - Warm wet rain, fall through wind begin - New
life - Life, in a drop - and I dive right into the icy waters of truth.


Early Morning Gig
D.Miller- Composition,recordings,keyboards,samples,loops+mix
Chris Gavin- Bass guitar
Dan Biholar- Voice + Words
This composition was created using a percussion loop and eastern string samples.keyboards and bassguitar were added later.Dan made up the words and delivered the voice performance thefirst time he heard the song.I did some minor voice placement changes and cleaned up the voice to make it more audible.This was a stream of consciousness performance.
.....Lyrics....It scared me - I didn't want no part of it - I held off the best I could. But I'd see her and I'd talk to her and I'd touch her and gaze into those eyes - and I knew this was a woman that I could love. So love has left me with a wounded heart. Love's like a drug habit - It takes awhile to kick.3 year relationship - 5 year - okay 2 or 3 -unless of course your the one with the extra partner. She hurt me - She didn't hurt me - Wake Up!
Arouse softly - the rain. We walk out into the day's mystery - and embrace it - A self propelled wheel - a mighty yes. The child - crowned and conquering - This is that which is of us, which we must aspire to be - To arouse in ourselves - This pride - this strength - this beauty - this gift ! A child crowned and conquering - standing on the shoulders of a giant white steed - smoke billows from his nostrils. It's a strange dance of movement - It's the new alien - The new day - It's a new time - This is our God.


The Urban Dilemma
D.Miller-Composition,recordings,keyboards,samples,loops,backmasked keyboards+guitar,atmospheric,sound design + mix
John Frederick-Additional keyboards
Dan Biholar- Voice + Words
This composition is constructed from two different songs.I took Dan's voice from another song and placed it and timed it into this song because I felt the voice fit the music better.I found that I liked the music better backmasked and then I added forward performances and urban sound effects.
.....Lyrics....City life - The urban dilemma - How to walk with no legs - How to see with no eyes - How to love with no heart. Urban people - urban dilemma.How to create more than a reasonable facsimile of the fulfilled life.The world is an illusion - Feelings are real.

Dan Biholar May 17 2007

Dreams man, these dreams are walking on my days.
I remember moving in the summer garden.The night was in the sky,the air; still, balmy, sweet w/scents and clear.
VIVID DREAMING,MEGLOGOGIC DREAMS; I experience them both.And sadly they seem better than my waking time, whats this about ??And I remember so little just enough that I am familiar ,even nostalgic about a Place that exists in my dreams....... I cannot explain this………………….....
THE PREDOMINANCE OF GREATNESS. TWO TIMES ,DAY AFTER DAY.. THE QUERY WHERE WILL IT LEAD?? WHERE WILL IT ALL LEAD?? THESE ARE DAYS OF CHANGE I am sleeping through...What are we neglecting to do???

Dan Biholar Artist Statement

I was asked to write a few words regarding my impressions of DARK ONE,and what this project meant to myself. Well,it's a lot like this: My end... words spoken, weaved into a poetic and profound pleasing form.Then Darryl Miller and his partner,Elaine Pain,moved the work into the next level of the creative process, creating an audio and visual soundscape/landscape.To see my work turned into so much more than the original I was truly amazed each time Darryl sent me updates on the work.I am proud to be a part of this creation and I plan on doing as many projects in the near future as I can.Working on DARK ONE with Darryl and Elaine gave me a chance to witness and experience the passion and satisfaction that comes whist coaxing a project such as DARK ONE from conception up to public release.Today finds me working in a field totally unrelated to my art and working on another series of ideas with what time I have left during the day. Contact me at
ddbiholar@accesscomm.ca
danbiholar@hotmail.com

Dan Biholar December 27 2007

WHEN, WE FIRST CREATED SOME OF THE TRACKS THAT BECOME DARK ONE ,NO ONE KNEW ABOUT WHAT WAS COMING BUT DARRYL ;IN DARK ONE THE VIEWER IS TRANSPORTED VIA WORD [SOUND] AND COLORS PATTERNED BY THE MAD ASSEMBLING OF THESE TWO....HYPNOTIZING AND FREEING AT THE SAME INSTANT.... PROVOCATIVE YET REPULSIVE;INSIDIOUSLY BLANKETING THE SENSES UNTIL MY TRIP IS YOURS AND FOR THE REMAINING ETERNITY,WE ARE FREE TO EXPLORE QUESTIONS;QUERIES ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF MANKIND AND JUST WHAT THAT IS IN MINE EYES;AGAIN WE HAVE THE PRODUCERS TO THANK FOR ALL THAT COLOR AND BEAUTY THAT EXISTS IN SPITE OF THE PATH I USE TO WALK ON;BEAUTY ITSELF EXISTS TO REMIND US OF OUR DIVINE NATURE.

No comments: